Thursday, March 12, 2009

(Almost) Spring Cleaning:

Went to the gym later today (7pm rather than at 5) and it's quite a different mix of people, and the number of Tapout related articles of clothing increases a lot at 7pm.  I'd imagine that by 9pm approximately 80% of the gym would be wearing something related to Affliction or Tapout.  My goal of prolonged, continual gym attendance is still going strong 16 months in and I will say that I'm probably the most shocked by that, though obviously pleasantly surprised.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about debt, money and the future as well, and I'm sure that reading personal finance blogs has not helped this one bit.  I really have to kick myself for getting back into debt so quickly after I was essentially homefree and down to zero debt last fall.  I'm in the midst of going through most of my earthly possessions (aka records) and I'm going to sell a whole bunch as a way of financing a summer trip and hopefully paying off my credit card debt before summer hits.  While sitting beside this immense shelf of records that I own I'm constantly reminded of how many of them I've owned for many years and have honestly never listened to, just sad.

Recent spins of records:
Alice Cooper - Killer
Alice Cooper - Love It To Death
Sisters - Self Titled
Masshysteri - Var Del Av Stan
Pavement - Terror Twilight
Good Luck - Into Lake Griffy

No comments: