Monday, March 23, 2009

Will he ever grow up

Somehow in the span of a month I leave my debit card in an atm and also my new credit card (old one expired) gets lost in the mail and they have to send a new one.  After going through all the steps of reporting a lost debit card and getting a new one today, I learn that apparently it takes 24 hours for the card to be activated nowadays.  What the hell? I don't remember it ever being this way in the past.  So essentially I'm back to the stone age fund-wise for the next half a day, I definitely had to put off getting groceries because I don't have enough cash on me.  Dumb.

'Twas a good weekend for movies at least.  Rewatched the SNL Will Ferrel dvd because honestly, the amount of quotable lines in that is astronomical.  We will definitely be referencing it way too much in the near future.  

Also, saw Rip: A Remix Manifesto and it was definitely everything I was hoping it to be.  He presented everything very intelligently while getting all of these ideas and information across in an easy to understand and entertaining way.  I was getting a bit bummed at how Girl Talk-centric the movie was, but then he spent an entire section of the movie talking about Negativland, which definitely bumped the movie into new heights of nerd-dom in my books haha.  The whole movie I was hoping for some mention of Biz Markie and the history of legality and sampling that has been played out in the past but it was to no avail, though honestly the movie was already quite long and I'm not sure he could have done it justice in a short period of time.  

We also went to see I Love You, Man which was also pleasantly surprising because while I was expecting to laugh, I wasn't expecting to do it as much as I actually did.  This just furthers my own love of Paul Rudd and while I still think that Jason Segal was the worst actor to come out of Freaks & Geeks, he was good in this movie as well.  The topic of the movie is interesting in itself, because honestly I do see myself at least in part.  Forming lasting friendships with other guys when you're in adulthood is very hard I admit, I am still a guy where all of my best friends in fact have vaginas.

I've been in the midst of a small-ish bout of spring cleaning here as of late, selling a bunch of stuff around my apartment in order to pay off my debt because frankly I'm sick of paying all this money every month when I could be putting it to better use.  Hopefully soon.



While I'm not super into this particular song, I think the idea for the video and the way it was shot is pretty much genius.  Also, I can think of at least a few girls in the city who look way too much like her now.

No comments: