Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Un jour comme un autre


With all of Thanksgiving day off and numerous tv marathon choices available, I actually watched a couple of hours of Iron Chef America which I had never really watched on principal alone after being in love with the Japanese version since high school.  It actually was much better than I anticipated, and still kept so much of the goofiness, especially the 'Chairman's' face after yelling out the theme ingredient "BEEEEEEEEEEEETS".  

I digress though, the host is Alton Brown, who hosts possibly my favourite show on the Food Network now that Food Jammers is over and done with, Good Eats.  The style of the show is what makes it awesome honestly, because its setup almost exactly like Billy Nye or even Beakman's World (if anyone actually remembers that) and at least 50% of the show is spent on food history and terrible jokes and costumes.  I definitely recommend watching it if you're a food (or history) nerd, and I definitely still need to see if Movie Village carries the dvd's since the only online rips I can find are of pretty terrible quality.

 Watching this much food related television has definitely made me want to get wacky and try out some weird stuff now.  List of possibilities:
-making beer
-baking tortillas/tortilla chips
-amass a huge assortment of spices
-ice cream production

It's been a busy week otherwise so far, with Vancougar on Monday and CBK last night which included probably one of the more hilarious bike rides there and back I've experienced. Saturday has me attending a wedding of a girl I went to high school with, with open bar as well which should lead to... interesting times.

Record purchases as of late:
Vancougar - Canadian Tuxedo LP
Bauhaus - In The Flat Field LP
Bauhaus - Burning From The Inside LP
No Talk - Police Mafia 7"
Double Negative - Self Titled 7"
Brain Handle - Smiling 7"

definitely more music related posts coming in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LET'S MAKE ASSSS CRAMMMME... TWASS!

....translation: let's make ice cream....twice....

sincerely,

red bike tandem pizza partner